Introduction to CellProfiler, Free Open-Source Software for Image Analysis
Recorded On: 06/10/2017
Beth Cimini and Kyle Karhohs
Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT
Microscopy experiments have proven to be a powerful means of generating information-rich data for biological applications. From small-scale microscopy experiments to time-lapse movies and high-throughput screens, automatic image analysis is more objective and quantitative and less tedious than visual inspection. This course will introduce users to the free open-source image analysis program CellProfiler and its companion data exploration program CellProfiler Analyst. We will show how CellProfiler can be used to analyze a variety of types of imaging experiments. We will also briefly discuss the basic principles of supervised machine learning with CellProfiler Analyst in order to score complex and subtle phenotypes.
- Basics of image analysis.
- Methods of distinguishing objects of interest from the image background.
- Methods of separating clusters of touching objects.
- Obtaining measurements from the cell.
- Exporting measurements and images.
CMLE Credit: 1.0